As I have a background in Event Planning, people often ask me what to look for when booking a Venue.
Here are some handy questions to help you:
• Is our date available?
• How many other weddings will be booked that day?
• Is the venue available for exclusive use?
• What is the seating arrangement?
• How many guests does the venue hold?
• What type of tables do you have (shape, size)?
• How long do we have at the venue? How much are additional hours?
• Is parking available?
• Is public transportation easily accessible from the venue?
• If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain?
• Are there restrictions for the photographer in terms of flash usage?
• Is there somewhere secure to store wedding gifts?
• Is there an on-site venue coordinator?
• What services are included with the venue coordinator, and are there additional charges?
• Will the coordinator serve as day-of coordinator?
• How much assistance can I get with the set up/decor?
• Is any set up/tear down service available? How much does it cost?
• Do you have signage to direct guests to the wedding?
• Do you provide assistance getting gifts or decor back to a designated place?
• Are there any noise restrictions?
• Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band? Are there any restrictions?
• Where does the band/DJ set up?
• Where is the dance floor, and how large is it?
• Do you have a sound system with speakers, or will that need to be rented?
• Do you have microphones for speeches?
• Can I hook an iPod or laptop up to your sound system?
• What’s included in the fees (rentals, catering, lighting, parking, etc.)?
• Is there a discount for an off-season date or Sunday through Friday?
• How much is the deposit, and when is it due?
• When is the balance due?
• What forms of payment do you accept?
• What is your cancellation policy?
• Do we need any insurance or permits?
• Do you have liability insurance?
• Is there a minimum spend?